Friday, February 5, 2010

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Title: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Pages: 398

After four weeks I have finally completed the first book in the LotR trilogy. yay me!!

I'm pretty sure most people already know what LotR is about, so I won't be posting the summery this time.

I remember the first time I saw the movie in theaters. It was not a pleasant experience, to say the least. I was seven years old, my mom was working that night and my sister and dad wanted to see the movie(they had no idea what it was about) so I decided to tag along. I spent almost the whole three hours in tears, and hiding my face beneath a jacket. I find it funny now that I'm old enough to watch, and enjoy, the movie.

When I read this book I was surprised to find just how different it was from the movie. You'd think because the movie was so long it would be fairly close to the book. Wrong. They left alot of stuff out in the movie(There was seventeen year between Bilbo's eleventy-first birthday and when Frodo left the Shire). And not only was the Story different from the movie, but the characters were different as well; especially Merry.

One of the thing's I love about the Fellowship of the Ring is the way it is written. It's written like a Fairy Tale; there aren't many books like that. On the other hand, the way it's written also makes it hard to relate to that characters.

It was enjoyable to book read, but you have to be a patient reader. Don't give up on it just because it is hard to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment