Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mercy Thompson Series- By Patricia Briggs


Car mechanic Mercy Thompson's life is not exactly normal, her neighbor is a werewolf, her old boss is a Gremlin (fae), and she's fixing a VW bus for a vampire. Oh yeah, and she's a 'Walker'(a Native American shapeshifter who turns into a coyote).

This is an amazing series, everything about it is fantastic. It's got fantastic characters, a good storyline, great writing. Most of the time I hate books that are written in first person; with these books I didn't mind it at all. The story just flows.

Usually I don't get scared when I read books. Vampires and werewolves, just really don't scare me when I'm reading about them. Except one scene in Blood Bound, just thinking about it still gives me chills. It's just plain creepy. So, congratulations Patricia Briggs, you have succeed in writing one terrifying chapter ;)

A couple of times when I was sitting down watching a movie, I kept on thinking 'that person should be able to smell them lying,' or 'they should never had been able to sneak up on him'. I don't know when I started relating werewolf super powers to every movie, but it was starting to get on my nerves a bit. I guess it is possible to have too much of a good thing.

I'm finding it really difficult to describe Mercy's character, I've been trying to write this review since 12/31/09 and I just can't seem to put it in the right words. I might try again when Silver Bourne, the 5th Mercy Thompson book, comes out. I just read on Patricia Briggs' website that she finished it 1/4/10, it' supposed to be released at the end of March 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment