Saturday, January 9, 2010

Graceling-By Kristin Cashore


"Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug. She never expects to fall in love with beautiful Prince Po. She never expects to learn the truth behind her Grace - or the terrible secret that lies hidden far away . . . a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone."


This book is absolutely fantastic!!! The story had me on the edge of my seat from page one. If I didn't need sleep, I would have finished it the first night. Sometimes when I get obsessed with reading it becomes more about the need to finish the book, instead of just enjoying the story, this book reminded me, again, just how much fun it is to read. Graceling has action, mystery, romance, great writing, lovable characters; everything a good book needs.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!



SPOILER ALERT!!!!



SPOILER ALERT!!!!


The only thing I could NOT stand about this book was: Katsa found a guy who she loved, and who loved her in return. But instead of marrying him like he wanted, she did not even consider the idea of marriage because it would take away her freedom, so she decided having a lover was better then having a husband. Okay, that's the end of my rant.



END SPOILER!!!!


Get if from the library, or pick it up from a book shop, it is definitely a book worth reading, especially if you love fantasy.

1 comment:

  1. This book has everything I like finding in books. It has romance, adventure, action, great characters, great writing, etc. I don't have one single negative thing to say about this book. It's so different, in a good way, and I have never read a book like this. I couldn't put it down, literally! I carried it from class to class, reading it whenever the teacher would stop talking...sometimes even while the teacher was talking. I borrowed this book from the library, not knowing what to expect. I ended up buying Graceling because I know that I will be reading it many times. Read it. I double dog dare you. You won't be dissapointed. Also, I had the privilege of reading Fire by Kristen Cashore, which is just as amazing as Graceling, so I recommend checking it out.

    ReplyDelete