Thursday, January 26, 2012

Follow Friday



Feature & Follow Friday is hosted by: Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. This week's question:

Q: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?

I try to keep an open mind about things. A good story is a good story whether it's a western, romance, paranormal, fantasy, science fiction, or contemporary. Of course there are genres that I don't normally seek out such as western, romance, and non-fiction. I try to tell myself that my Grandma's books that have pictures of half naked people on them have just as good of a story contained in their pages as any other book but I can't bring myself to ever pick one up and read it. I would probably blush.

What about you guys? Is there any genre you purposefully avoid?

7 comments:

  1. I'm not too fond of romance and non-ficiton either. :3

    - New follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I with you. A good story is a good story no matter what the genre. I don't read those kind of romances either though. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Have a great weekend!

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower! I agree with you on the romance, not my thing either. Here is my FF if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-4.html - also, while you're there check out my giveaway for a copy of New Girl by Paige Harbison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No westerns for me either.
    New follower, check out my FF and follow me (if possible by GFC) at:
    http://BooksandSparkles.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower . and yes there are covers out there that are blush worthy. here is my FF if you wanna follow back http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a new follower!!! I can't wait to read more on your blog!!!! :)

    I agree about non-fiction not being my cup of tea. What can I say; I'm a fiction fan! :)

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-my-first-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a huge fan of romance or western either. It's just not my thing you know? My FF!

    ReplyDelete