Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2)

Title: A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2)
Author: Beth Revis
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: January 10th, 2012
Rating: 5 STARS!

Godspeed was fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.

It's been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. And everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. But there may just be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to enact his vision - no more Phydus, no more lies.

But when Elder discovers shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.-GoodReads

First of all can I just say I love the cover of both Across the Universe and A Million Suns! They are absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see the cover of book 3, I'm sure it will be just as lovely.

The thing I loved about A Million Suns is that it was just as good as Across the Universe. I literally spent half of the day reading this book, it was so good. I love Beth Revis's writing style, the imagery that is put forth is as clear as a picture. It's so beautiful. Another thing that I love is that the 1st person POV is so real that when the character's mind is in chaos you can feel it. This whole book just feels like a work of art.

STARS AND SILENCE

I loved reading this continuation of Elder and Amy's story. I can truthfully say that I was shocked by the turn of events in the book more than once. I was on the edge of my seat and couldn't stop reading. Luckily I finished the book with 45 minutes to spare before my first class. I got a bit annoyed by Amy near the end but I could understand where she was coming from even if I didn't completely agree with her. I love the fact that this book makes you question what you would do in the same situation and since most of the characters hold different opinions you can't just follow them blindly, you have to decide for yourself. It was nice to see Elder stepping up and became the leader he was born to be, I'm sure that he'll have plenty more difficulties to come in the next book. I'm looking forward to it *evil laugh*. I cannot wait for the next book to come out, it's sure to be epic.

Interesting Fact
The murderer in A Million Suns changed with each of Beth Revis's rewrites. The killer changed identities a grand total of three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment