Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Celebrating Dickens and Ingalls-Wilder

Today is Charles Dickens 200th birthday! Could you imagine a world that didn't have his books? So many of his books are titles you've probably heard of if even if you have not read them: A Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations, Oliver Twist, Little Dorrit, Hard Times, and probably most well known of all A Christmas Carol. I am ashamed to say that I have never read a book by Charles Dickens, today that is going to change. In honor of his birthday I am going to read A Christmas Carol. It is one of my sister's favorite books and she has been bugging me about reading it. So, Happy Birthday Dickens! You will not be soon forgotten.

Another birthday today is Laura Ingalls-Wilder. She turns 145 today. She is another author, like Dickens, that you cannot imagine the world without. Her Little House books are always there to remind us what it was like in the days before the Industrial Revolution. You may be shock to hear that I had not read any of her books before today either. I used to watch the movie and the TV show and I started the first book a few times but never made it through. I just finished reading Little House in the Big Woods this morning and will later be posting my review. Happy Birthday Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment