Friday, February 10, 2012

Follow Friday

"Follow My Book Blog Friday" is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View and Allison at Allison Can Read where bloggers make new friends!

Q: What would your prefer: reading your favorite book over and over again until you got sick of it OR reading 100s of mediocre books? And why?

This is a really tough question. I read a lot of 3 Star books and they are okay, but I live for the 4 & 5 Star books. I love falling in love with the characters and tumbling through the pages into their adventures. From my experience 3 Star and below books don't have very well developed characters and that is a must for me. On the other hand, I would never want to get sick of one of my favorite books. Now if it was a choice of rereading my favorite books vs reading 100 mediocre books I would choose my favorites. They are my comfort, they have helped me when I'm stressed, sad, angry, tired, and sick of the world. I love my books and I wouldn't give them up.

8 comments:

  1. I can see we feel the same way about this question! :) I love books that make me feel something too. They are like old friends, right? Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. There are some comfort books which you never get tired of re-reading :D

    Lisa O. @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower!

    yes, I wouldn't want to get sick of my favorite book either.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it was a tough question! For me though,I'd have to choose the 100s of mediocre books, because I think re-reading so many times would be so tiresome!

    If you have time and if you want to enter my International Giveaway!

    Stephanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer! :)
    Yeah that's the problem I had ... I'd NEVER EVER want to get sick of my favorite books!!!

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-me-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I'd go for my fav books too. They are my comfort as well. New follower!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the favourite books that make life special. It's great to read new ones, but honestly, I couldn't live without the good old favourites!

    ReplyDelete